Saturday, April 30, 2005

I'm no prison bitch (part 2)

When we met last I was telling my tattoo story. Hopefully you've been panting for more.

So I'm standing in the doorway of this cell watching a very big man making torturous faces everytime this other guy pokes him with this assuredly dirty (or at least not properly sanitized) homeade tattoo needle and the strange thought comes: I want a tattoo.

Actually the thought didn't manifest in quite that way. It was more like: you know, I've never had a tattoo and I never wanted one, but I wonder what it would be like to get a tattoo but I don't want the usual naked lady riding a huge penis or a dragon or the devil but I want a tattoo!

Something like that, but with more ADD.

So I arranged for payment (three hostess fruit pies and two ramen noodles, the currency of jail), and met with the artist and we worked out this design, shown below.


Would a prison bitch have the balls to have the nerdiest tattoo? Posted by Hello

Now, I consider Einstein my hero but to this day I still have no idea why I chose the frickin' theory of relativity to etch into my arm. I worried briefly about the choice of design but nobody gave me too hard a time. In fact, in a way I think it added to the toughness factor: would you mess with a guy who had the nads to wear such ink?

So the liquid hepatitis (I mean ink) was made, the lighter flame was applied to the staple and I steeled myself what I thought was going to be the worse pain in my life.

I was right, but the pain was at least four times greater than what I thought and here's the kicker. The tattoo didn't fully take, so the artist had to go over it again!

I've thought about expanding it some, like superimposing a yin yang symbol over it or something. Any ideas?


BodyJewelry.com The #1 Body Piercing Jewelry Website on the Net Today

7 Comments:

Anonymous allison said...

loooy! its allison. i got your blong link from cassie. i tried to email you but it got bounced back to me. did you change it??

7:59 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Yes, here's an idea. Keep it just the way it is. I think it's great and what a wonderful story you will have to tell for years and years!
Peace

8:55 PM  
Blogger melodyann said...

I just read your post "I am forty years old." It's very inspiring. You keep writing, I'll keep reading.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Yeep! *wink*

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Alois said...

One more thing, Robin BTW your hot.
Loy, E=MC2 is the coolest. I am gonna get that on my arm.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous JJ said...

You're right, no prison bitch would have a tattoo like that. I agree with Helen. The story's great, i'd probably keep it the way it is.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Very cool at original tat!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home