Sunday, May 29, 2005

Hell Week!

God, what a week! If you'll allow me to whine for a moment, then we can get down to business...

First, the owner of the property that I manage has some problems with the gas company about payment so we went without water for a few days. Then, more payment problems with the water company itself so two days after the hot water is cut off, the water itself is gone. In between all this, I have a problem tenant who I tried to evict and he went crying to the owner. Who told him that he could stay an additional week and this is what he got for his compassion:


Posted by Hello

So now I gotta paint over this garbage and I come to find out that the asshole kept his keys and has been coming in regularly while I'm asleep and seeing his friend who also is a tenant. That's okay, I got something for his ass. I took his stereo out of his old room and replaced it with a note that said "(name), if you come back here you will go to jail."

The next day the keys were left on the porch.

heh heh.

Anyhoo, the water is back on, I'm showering regularly again and all is good with the world except now I have this incredible smoldering anger inside of me that doesn't seem to want to go away. I'd love to find this little turd on the street and show him what a forty year old man can do to a twenty something punk like him. But that would do no good, 'cause I'd wind up in jail again or worse (and more probable, who am I kidding?), in the hospital.

I'm meditating and whatnot, and that seems to be helping but the anger is still there. It seems to hide behind something in my heart and then when I'm least expecting it, it jumps out: "Boo!"

Alright, my rant is over. I want to talk about something else.

I've been tossing around this idea about putting together an ebook featuring articles written by bloggers for bloggers (and anyone else who cares to read it) about spirituality, and maybe other topics for future editions. Sort of a "Chicken Soup for the Bloggers Soul" kind of thing. I also figure if the ebook is popular, maybe turning it into a hard copy book maybe though BlogBinders or something.

The reason I'd like to do this is threefold:

  1. Stories like the above make me wonder how others handle crises,
  2. I'm far too lazy to write a whole ebook by myself and,
  3. I'd like to make a little money at this internet doohickey and I bet others would too.

I was thinking about starting a new blog and using that as the starting point. I'd need editors, contributors and all sorts of other 'ors' I've missed. Anybody who is interested in helping out in the creative process or any other aspect, or even if you hate the idea, please leave a comment or email me here.

That's it for now; I gotta go paint a wall.


11 Comments:

Blogger Cassandra Dear said...

I signed up for a blogspot blog! Eep!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Spyder said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:04 PM  
Blogger melodyann said...

I carry around a lot of anger too, and I deal with it by saying fuck a lot........

You know what a good thing is? Wake up in the morning and say to yourself, "If one thing makes me laugh today, it will have been a good day." It sort of lowers your expectations, and allows you to focus on little things....

I really like your writing, I think I will link to you........

1:24 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

Wow, I have to say that after reading that post I have been an AWESOME tenet for my past landlord.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man your a dork, what is wrong with your face?

2:11 PM  
Blogger Loy said...

Nothing, coward. What's wrong with your sense of self worth that you don't have the balls to show your name?

3:07 PM  
Blogger dorna! said...

Don't you just love those charming missives? :)

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm really impressed with your writing. oh by the way i'm not that other anomymous person. i just choose not to create an account. i belong to too many websites and have too many screennames and passwords as it is.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Caiaphas said...

That's some wack graffiti.

3:43 PM  
Blogger PaintingChef said...

I think the eBook is a fantastic idea! I'd love to contribute if I may. Let me know.

Found you on BlogExplosion and this is a great site. I'll be back for sure.

8:25 AM  
Blogger GS said...

Hey here is a site that actually gives away FREE tickets to Las Vegas shows. They have other useful information regarding Las Vegas getaways and Barbara and Frank tickets Check it out Barbara and Frank tickets

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home