Friday, May 06, 2005

Holy Frijoles!


El Zorro is alive and well! Posted by Hello

Yesterday was Cinco De Mayo, which is a Mexican holiday and I'm ashamed to say that while at one time I knew the significance, these days I'd be lucky if I could remember my own phone number.

I was walking in the outdoor mall known as "The Battle" here in Atlanta when I was accosted by these young mariachi hooligans. They were no match for my superior skills, however and they were so in awe of me that they begged me to pose with them so they could tell their friends and family back home that they had met the famous "El Loyo" which, embarassingly enough actually means "The Hole" in Spanish.

Exactly what were they trying to say?

It doesn't matter at this time, because I'm only writing this drivel to keep me in practice for writing regularly. I'm gone. I'm dog tired and this is about as creative as I can be tonight.

What, you thought all my posts would be gems?

I'll post something better soon, I promise.

P.S. Before I leave, I'll explain why I blacked my face out. It's to keep my anonymity. We wouldn't want my friends and family to be endangered would we?

No, that's not true. It's really because I take one ugly ass picture.

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Very few folks actually think they take a good pic. Sort of like listening to your own voice! Looks like a great time!
Peace............

10:12 PM  
Blogger malfouka said...

"...I was accosted by these young mariachi hooligans."

HeeHeeHee! That line is still making me giggle! Thank you!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Jon Castle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home