Friday, May 20, 2005

How Darth Got His Groove On


Hey! It's just a movie, dude! Posted by Hello

Spoiler Alert: anyone who has been living in a cage for the past sixteen years and doesn't know the plot to this movie stop reading now.

This movie is about how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader. There, I said it.

Okay, so I just got back home from seeing "Revenge of the Sith", or "Episode Three" as the nerds call it, and I am glad I did. See, I'm not a big Star Wars fan mostly because when the first movie came out (or the fourth if you wanna be a nerd about it, nerd) my mom wouldn't let me stand in line for three days. I don't see why not, I was thirteen for chrissakes. Anyhoo, by the time I actually got to see the movie on Showtime five years later, special effects had greatly improved so I was unimpressed.

But, as I saw my friends all huddled together discussing going to see it today, I got jealous and included myself and boy am I glad I did! Ah, fight scene after fight scene with minimal romance. Just the way a movie should be made 'cause you know what kinda movie we men's men like to see: the kind where shit gets blowed up real good.

The location I was at didn't have many costumed nerds at it however. Mainly just the ones shown in the picture. I guess most people felt a little uncomfortable dressing up as a movie character in a shopping mall.

My verdict: four lightsabers up (pardon my innuendo.).

6 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I went to the last Star Wars flick on opening night in Manhattan and there were tons of costumes. It was a little creepy, actually. But that wasn't as creepy as the dude who just about knocked me over to get to a prime seat. I could only think "Hey, you want it that bad, it's yours. But get a grip!"
Peace...........
PS-your quick time post with your theme song kept shutting down my browser so sadly, I not been able to hear it. :(

7:56 PM  
Blogger It's Me, Maven... said...

Husband dragged me to it last night. Amazingly I stayed awake.

THought you might enjoy this cartoon:
http://cagle.com/news/StarWars2005/images/fairrington.jpg

6:43 PM  
Blogger Johnnie Walker said...

In attendance at the auditorium in which I was seated was Darth Maul, a sand person, Boba Fett, a few unnamed Jedi and four teenage boys with lightsabers, who kept smacking each other silly with them.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

No kidding--I think it's the first movie I've seen where you already KNOW what's going to happen, but still want to see it...

It was a pretty good movie though, wasn't it---even for the non-nerds.

9:26 AM  
Blogger ShellBug526 said...

My husband (who is one of those nerds you keep referring to) insisted we go see it too. I thought it was better than the other two new ones, but I still could have done without. BTW, am I the only one that notices Yoda may be dyslexic?

2:21 AM  
Blogger Loy said...

Correct, you may be.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home